Mar 28, 2012

Twisted Curls

I have naturally curly hair, and I don't always like taking the time to straighten it or curl it BUT just wearing it natural isn't always the cutest thing. :)  So, I decided to try letting some clips and the air do the work of curling it for me.

I parted my hair down the back and twisted each side away from my face, then I added a medium claw clip on the top of each twist and a small claw clip on the bottom. 

I ate breakfast then did my makeup.  Just before my hair was completely dry, I used my hairdryer to lightly blow-dry each twist (with the clips still in) just to make sure they were completely dry.  I waited until they had cooled before I took the clips out.  After removing the clips, I flipped my head over and lightly shook the twists out, then used my diffuser to dry the hair on my crown and give it a little volume.  I finished with some flexible-hold hairspray before I flipped my hair back over.

Lastly, I straightened my bangs and, again, finished with hairspray.

I think it turned out pretty well and was a lot less damaging on my hair than a curling iron...plus since the curls air-dried, they lasted WAY longer.  Give it a try and tell me what you think. :) 

Have a happy hair day!

3 comments:

Ashley Jump said...

It looks so cute!! I might have to try this, I don't have curly hair so I don't know if it will turn out like yours did, but we will see :) Always have great ideas!

Trinette Hayslip said...

How did the twist not un-twist?

Patricia Kay said...

Ooh, this looks like fun! I have to try this. But like Ashley my hair isn't on the curly side. But you do look gorgeous so I must try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...